Events Planner (Student Job – Summer 2017)
Rise Asset Development (Rise) is a registered charity that provides low-interest small business loans, training and mentorship to individuals with a history of mental health and addictions challenges. Founded as a partnership between the Rotman School of Management and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), Rise services are available in several locations in Ontario.
Rise seeks a full-time student for the role of Events Planner for 7 weeks in the summer of 2017. The Events Planner will assist with three events of strategic importance to Rise’s sustainability and growth: volunteer mentor appreciation event; Rise’s Annual General Meeting; and Rise team strategic retreat.
Volunteer Appreciation Event:
Rise relies on volunteer mentors to provide guidance and coaching to the entrepreneurs that are financed by its low-interest small business loan fund. Volunteer mentors perform an important service by sharing their experience and demonstrating that there is room in the business community for the entrepreneurs Rise supports. This volunteer appreciation event will reward and recognize the significant contributions Rise’s volunteers.
Annual General Meeting:
Rise’s Annual General Meeting is an opportunity to showcase our prior fiscal year and to engage Rise’s volunteer Board members in a generative discussion about the year ahead and beyond.
Rise Team Strategic Retreat:
Rise’s staff team meeting will be focused in reviewing our programming to identify opportunities for improvement to the services we currently deliver and to identify any gaps in programming, to develop a plan to that end and to receive mental health first aid training.
We are looking for an enthusiastic event planner to produce these events from conception through to launch readiness. Event Planner responsibilities include developing the program for the event, arranging speakers and facilitators, invitations and guest lists, facilities and refreshments and design of the invitation.
Job duties include:
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Liaise with the relevant program leads to identify their stakeholders needs and to ensure attendee satisfaction
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all an event’s details such as catering,, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Develop and make suggestions with respect to promoting and publicizing the event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Lived experience with a mental health or addiction challenge
- Experience as an events planner or organizer or demonstrated prior interest in the role
- Good time management and communication skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Willing to submit references
To be eligible, you must meet ALL criteria:
- have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be under 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and transcript to email@example.com
Please include “Events Planner” in your email subject line.
Application deadline: Thursday June 8th at 11:59 pm.
Thanks for considering Rise Asset Development!
We are a small, but mighty team and, for that reason, we are only able to respond to those applicants who make our short list.
Rise Asset Development
105 St. George Street
Toronto, ON M5S 3E6
Toronto & Ontario (Excluding Ottawa, Kingston, and London)
647 232 RISE (7473)
1 855 464 RISE (7473)
613 725 3494 (ext. 118)
519 659 2882 ext. 225
613 544 9056