Youth Small Business Program
Rise Asset Development is a registered charity that provides low-interest small business loans, training and mentorship to individuals with a history of mental health and addictions challenges. Founded as a partnership between the Rotman School of Management and the Canadian Mental Health Association (CAMH), Rise services are available in several locations in Ontario.
The Youth Small Business Program (YSBP) provides education, business advisory services and volunteer coaching to youth, aged 16-29. It is a human-centred, creative and interactive program, based on the Rotman DesignWorks methodology donated to Rise by the Rotman School of Management. The program takes place over three months and includes a combination of classroom instruction and coaching sessions with volunteers. YSBP is currently offered twice each year in the Toronto area, with plans to scale across the province and beyond.
We are looking for a passionate self-starter to be the face of Rise’s YSBP program, to take charge of all facets of the Toronto program and work with the Rise team to formalize a program design that is replicable across the country.
The ideal candidate is a strong advocate for today’s youth, exhibits solid program management skills, is entrepreneurial, decisive and independent and can communicate to a diverse range of audiences. To be successful, the Program Lead must be organized, detail oriented, resourceful and self-assured.
Key Job Responsibilities
1) Outreach, Recruitment & Marketing
You will use your contacts to cultivate a prospect list of local youth-facing service providers. You will present the program opportunity to service provider staff and interested youth, with a goal of recruiting 25 successful candidates for each cohort. You will use appropriate marketing channels to reach these key audiences, and monitor the success of your outreach strategies. Working with the Rise Mentoring Manager, you will recruit and onboard sufficient volunteers to act as Youth Coaches for the duration of each cohort.
2) Screening & Selection
Working with Rise’ Salesforce-based Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, you will conduct all screening activities, including personal interviews, to select a class of dedicated students for each cohort. You will be the primary contact for these students throughout the program.
3) Program Delivery
Working with a pre-established budget you will:
- Support and work closely with a contract facilitator, who will deliver the YSBP curriculum over each three-month cohort
- Track class attendance, assignment completion and graduation criteria fulfilment
- Work with the facilitator to recruit and confirm and manage guest speakers / subject matter experts for classroom sessions
- Work with the facilitator and Mentoring Manager to match students with 1-2 volunteer Youth Coaches and ensure coach attendance.
- Arrange all program logistics, including room booking, catering, student materials preparation
- Serve as the primary communications contact for all students and volunteers
4) Program Evaluation and Reporting
Monitoring, evaluating and learning from past experiences are critical components of Rise’s program offerings. As program lead, you will
- Create a program evaluation plan
- Ensure that any funder deliverables are tracked and achieved
- Monitor and complete all reporting requirements
- Make recommendations to management for program improvements
- Track the performance and ensure proper recognition of all program volunteers
- Finalize the design and content of a Program Toolkit, to be used by prospective program delivery partners during expansion
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Business, or equivalent, with 2+ years of relevant business and/or educational experience ideally with youth audiences, small business and/or start-ups.
- Demonstrated program management skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated passion for small business and entrepreneurship.
- Self-directed and proactive with a commitment to achieving and exceeding goals and objectives.
- A background working with youth, marginalized communities and/or individuals who have experienced mental health or addiction is an asset.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “YSBP Program Lead” in your email subject line.
Application deadline: 11:59 pm May 9, 2017
Thanks for considering Rise Asset Development! We are a small, but mighty team and, for that reason, we are only able to respond to those applicants who make our short list.
Rise Asset Development
105 St. George Street
Toronto, ON M5S 3E6
Toronto & Ontario (Excluding Ottawa, Kingston, and London)
647 232 RISE (7473)
1 855 464 RISE (7473)
613 725 3494 (ext. 118)
519 659 2882 ext. 225
613 544 9056