To download, click here: Group Small Business Training Program - Overview.
Rise Asset Development’s Small Business Training Program for group lending is a free program for individuals interested in launching or growing a small business or income generating activity.
This program is for individuals who have a business idea but do not have an action or business plan.
- Individuals, in the past or currently, are going through a difficult time with anxiety, depression, trauma, alcohol addictions, bipolar or any other mental health or addiction challenge.
- Individuals who are interested in starting or growing their own small businesses (both full or part time/seasonal opportunities).
- Have had difficulty obtaining traditional bank financing.
- Individuals on OW, ODSP or EI are eligible for the program.
The program is an interactive opportunity to learn essential business and financial skills while developing the confidence required to run your business. The program will be held at 105 St. George Street, Toronto Ontario (a 5 minute walk south from Bloor subway line).
Business development: Clients will assess, define and launch their businesses, and generate an income.
Financing: Clients will gain access to low interest start-up business financing through Rise.
Networking: Clients will network with like- minded individuals and build connections with each other, culminating in small group formations for group lending.
Training and mentorship: Clients will benefit from business training, mentorship, and group support for their full or part time businesses.
May 3rd to May 24th
9:30 am to 1:00 pm Mondays and Friday
- 6 sessions offered 2 mornings per week
- each session is 3.5 hours
Class size: 15
No cost for client or agency. Rise will supply program materials, mid morning snacks, graduation certificates and graduation luncheon.
Selection will be based on applicant motivation and viability of business idea.
1. Download our application here: Small Business Training Program for Group Lending Application.
2. Submit your completed application and a current resume to [email protected] by April 25th 2013 MIDNIGHT. NOTE CHANGE IN DATE.
Rise Asset Development
105 St. George Street
Toronto, ON M5S 3E6
Toronto & Ontario (Excluding Ottawa, Kingston, and London)
647 232 RISE (7473)
1 855 464 RISE (7473)
613 725 3494 (ext. 118)
519 659 2882 ext. 225
1 855 464 RISE (7473)