Are you interested in starting or growing a small business?
- Do you self-identify as an individual who has experienced mental health and/or addiction challenges?
- Can you access bank financing (ie. a loan or line of credit) for your small business?
- Do you agree to pay back your loan or other investments?
- Do you agree to provide brief progress reports and share financial records?
- Do you live in Ontario?
- Are you in active bankruptcy?
- Are you behind on your child support payments?
- Do you owe money to the government?
- Are you older than 29 years of age?
- Do you know other entrepreneurs who are also looking for financing for their small businesses? Would like to apply as a group for financing?
- Do you need a short term loan to purchase a table or booth at a vendor fair (arts festival, food fair etc.) to sell your product or service?
Sorry, you are not eligible for Rise financing.
Please contact us to discuss your financial situation. You may be eligible for our programs.
Small Business Lending
Access low interest business loans and mentorship to support the launch or growth of your small business.see more
Do you have an upcoming festival, fair or event where you would like showcase and sell your product?see more
Peer Supported Startup Program
Rise Asset Development’s Peer Supported Startup Program provides educational, business advisory, and mentorship support.see more
Youth Small Business Program
Are you 16 to 29 years old? Transform your idea into a viable business plan and access our low interest business loan program.see more
Re-inventing myself and my career wasn’t easy. When I started my business, I believed it was the right thing to do, but there were so many doors that were closed to me. Rise helped to open all of them. Now my company grows a bit every day - I love the taste of success!- Naomi Muise | owner of CeleeakNak, a gluten-free catering business
I was unable to access credit from traditional sources and the cost of rentals was prohibitively expensive. I worked with the Rise team and received a 3.5% interest rate lease for $4000 for equipment (to be paid back over three years).- Jai (entrepreneur)
Providing assistance to achieve success has been rewarding for us both - the mentee and the mentor!- Viraj Desai, CIM Professional Services, Managing Director
I believe the best way to help people is to give them the tools to help themselves, and in the process they will also help others. Microfinance is one of those tools. A relatively small investment can have lasting and magnifying effect in helping an individual overcome adversity, succeed and contribute back to his or her community.- Ron Kugan, Norton Rose, Associate